Need travel inspiration this weekend? Jet out to meet fellow travelers at the Chicago Travel and Adventure Show and discover trends, challenges, and tips for traveling in the new year.
The Chicago Travel and Adventure Show is an annual event held at the Donald E. Stephens Convention & Conference Center in Rosemont, Illinois. The show is for two days that features keynote speakers within the travel industry, travel products, entertainment, food, travel authors and experts, and numerous tourism representatives from around the world.
You will be amazed at how well every aspect of traveling is represented. It covers everything from hiking to scuba diving, solo travel to safaris, and from packing to penny-pinching! There is something for everyone.
How Travel Will Trend in 2023
What I enjoyed most was hearing a presentation from Samatha Brown, the host of Places to Love which airs on WTTW in Chicago on Saturdays.
Here were some key takeaways from the Chicago Travel and Adventure Show!
- Everyone has been pent-up since the pandemic and people are ready to travel again! No more putting off that dream trip. People are more than willing to revenge travel and spend more than before to make up for the lost travel opportunities.
- Travel the way you way and travel the way you can afford it. No one will judge you. Go and see the places you love.
- There are new challenges in travel and you’re going to feel it in more ways than one. Things will not be as smooth as they used to be. Ehhemm…remember the flight catastrophe at Southwest Airlines after a snowstorm when everything came to a screeching halt? You have to plan for the unplanned.
- Carry on when you can. If you’re not normally using a carry-on, it’s time to change the way you think and remove the unknown and the chance of being inconvenienced. Keep spare underclothing, a toothbrush, and important items at hand. This list of carry-on items should be considered when you pack.
- Use zipper compression luggage to help you utilize space more efficiently. And plan to wear tops and pants twice on your travels. You can mix and match clothes and double your travel wardrobe with this strategy.
- Arrive at the airport early, it’s never too soon. It will help relieve the stress of getting through TSA and to the gate in a timely manner.
- Minimize flight connections and never book another flight that is less than 1.5 hours ahead. They are normally more economical, and you can save money, but you have to ask yourself if it’s worth the added stress when you are trying to start a vacation.
Final Thoughts About the Chicago Travel and Adventure Show
The Chicago Travel and Adventure Show is a great event to discover new places for vacation destinations. The key advantages are:
- You’ll find exhibitors from around the globe
- You’ll have opportunities to win free trips and other giveaways
- You can take advantage of exclusive deals and specials from tour operators, travel agencies
- You’ll be inspired to visit new places or have new experiences in repeat destinations
- You can network with other travelers and tourism boards
We have several posts for various cities near Chicago and Italy that may be on interest and some tips for international travel.
- Things to Do in Milwaukee, WI
- The Big Bus Tour in New York City, NY
- The Best Things to Do in Union Pier, MI
- A Travel Guide for Frankenmuth, MI
AND…. I saved the best for last! You can get a FREE admission ticket from TravelZoo (one per person) while supplies last.